This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. You must not provide us with any PII relating to any children or with any sensitive or special category personal data (such as information about your health or beliefs).
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When using or contacting us via our website, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you This information may include:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, which you may provide us with when contacting us via our website.
- Contact Data includes email address, postal address and telephone numbers.
- All information requested in a document download form.
- Technical Data includes browser type and version, time zone setting and location browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
When do we collect information?
We use different methods to collect data about you via our website. These methods include through:
- Direct interactions – we collect PII from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site or by corresponding with us by post, phone email or otherwise.
How do we use your information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We may use the information we collect from you when you use a website data capture forms to contact us, and/or request further information from us. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to in order to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- To personalise user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service, information or direct marketing requests.
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
How do we protect visitor information?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with and minimise any suspected personal data breach (which may include unauthorised access to data, unjustified deletion of data and any other unauthorised processing of data). In the unlikely event of a breach involving your personal data, we will notify you and the Information Commissioner’s Office applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information.
However, we do share your PII with certain third party service providers including website hosting partners, cloud storage providers and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.We also require those third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We always enter into an appropriate written agreement with our third party processors prior to sharing any personal data with them.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
We do not carry out any profiling or automated decision making.
How long will we use your Personal Data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
What are your legal rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights include your right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Last Edited August 2023
Do we use ‘cookies’?
The types of cookies we use are as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example allowing you to contact us via data capture forms.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We have implemented the following cookies to date:
- Ensures visitor browsing-security by preventing cross-site request forgery. This cookie is essential for the security of the website and visitor.
- Used to detect if the visitor has accepted the marketing category in the cookie banner. This cookie is necessary for GDPR-compliance of the website.
- Keeps track of special fonts used on the website for internal analysis. The cookie does not register any visitor data.
- Contains data on the visit. Collects data such as time spent on the website and website interaction.
- Collects data on visitors. This information is used to assign visitors into segments, making website advertisement more efficient.
Where to find more information
Last Edited August 2023